Thursday, October 19, 2006

The bag

We've taken at least one call about the bag in which The Star was delivered today. The outside of the bag is an advertisement for Wes Westmoreland, who is running for state senate.

The bag containing The Star is always for sale to advertisers, political or otherwise.

Democrats have just as much of a chance to purchase that space as Republicans and vice-versa.

Our coverage of this or any other race is in no way affected by the purchase of this non-traditional form of advertising. Just like our coverage isn't affected by who purchases an ad on a typical news page inside the paper.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh for pity sake........... Someone is always going to have a problem with something.

So, the paper came in a bag. As a matter-of-fact, my paper was nice and dry.

I don't see this candidate on TV every five minutes bashing someone so tomorrow I might just vote for someone so considerate to have my paper neatly stored in a nice bag, probably recycled, and did not worry about cutting down trees to fill up some page in the paper.

I would have to say - clever idea! Thanks for helping me decide on voting day.

For all those who opposed the bag - may your paper be soggy this week when it rains. Boo Hoo...........