Friday, April 07, 2006

Oh deer

Like we don't have enough fun at our house ..

I get a call from my wife, who had carpool. Just after she turned toward Jefferson School off of the Cherryville Highway 6 or so deer cantered from her left (near Community Pharmacy) to her right (toward the YMCA) she slowed to a near stop, but one of them slammed into the front left of her van, denting it badly. The deer survived and scampered off into the woods.

Obviously a traumatic experience for my wife and the kids.

She called me and said my 8-year-old was freaking out a little bit. He did, however, provide a priceless moment.

As I tried to calm him down, I told him that this happens all the time and that deer are always running across the streets and stuff.

He said, melodramatically, "DAADDDD, they weren't DEER, they were REINdeer!!!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless! One of those moments in time when one wishes a recorder had been available to preserve the words of your child.

Pizazz

Anonymous said...

I hate the way you or somebody has changed to format of the Shelby Star!!!!!!!!!
It's very inefecient!!! The old setup was much easier to find the ariticles I was looking for.