Wednesday, January 16, 2008

9:45 p.m. update: Great looking radar

If you check out this radar loop, you'll see the precip backfilling nicely in Alabama -- that's a long way for precip to go to clear our area. We just have to be patient and let the precip work through all that dry air. Could be after midnight before it really starts coming down -- generally speaking those in the southwest part of the county (B. Springs) should see heavier snow first, with Fallston and Toluca last, although there will be exceptions to this.

By the way, NAM makes a big jump later in the period and gives us another hit on Saturday, as you can see here.

Keep those reports coming -- I might pull an all-nighter. Who's with me??????

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

All nighter? The adult in me wants to sleep---but the kid in me wants to see it snowing--no matter what time it is! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you dude! heck, I'm 42 and I'm excited. When I was a kid here in Shelby, me and my 3 brothers had several sleds, pairs of snowboots, gloves, snow chains for the cars, etc...I have a six year old that has never done any of that stuff. Global warming stinks.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Not sure about all night but, I will hang as long as I can!!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty stoked - can't say it'll be an all-nighter, but I'll be up pretty late. The grown-up in me will be doing laundry. The kiddo will be bubbling over...no snowflakes in Lawndale yet, but I'm hopeful. Always hopeful. :)

Anonymous said...

Love to, but I don't know if I can fight the eyelids that long.

Anonymous said...

Does the map with the inch predictions still show the same as the one you posted earlier? Upper CC getting around 5" and the rest around 4"?

Anonymous said...

All night for star gazing, but there's something about waking up AFTER the snow has fallen....

no flurries here in Grover yet! 10:21 PM.

Anonymous said...

!0:21pm and NO Snow yet here in Bessemer City but will post it as soon as I see it fall. Luv your Blog Skip. Keep up the good work...ncmbalmer

Anonymous said...

Light flurries in Casar at 10:23pm

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at the varied forecasts in the last 24 hours leading up to this event...NWS wasn't predicting much of anything while other forecasters (such as our own Skip Foster) felt there would be wintry precip.
I have heard about a Saturday event, then a Tues or Weds event. NWS shows sunshine (what?) while others have been hinting at another winter mix.
Can you tell us what's up?
P.S. Flurries around C-ville!

Anonymous said...

I am so more excited than the kids everyone keeps calling us you see the snow??? I have seen none I am waiting up with you Hope it snows a big one